cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Generate "si reports"

KaelLizak
14-Alexandrite

Generate "si reports"

Generate "si reports" (migrated thread) Posted: Jun 28, 2012 1:11 PM

suman.lavu     Posts: 2   Registered: Jun, 2012

This is a request from our IT Audit group.  For each project, please create a report of project source changes during the period of 6/15/2011 through the present....

I used the following commands:

si report --basename=xxx --project=d:/MKSprojects/project.pj

si rlog --project=d:/MKSprojects/project.pj --rfilter=daterange:'"June 15, 2011 - 6:07:28 AM"'-'"June 25, 2012 - 6:07:28 PM"'

si diff -r 1.3 -r 1.16 --project=d:/MKSprojects/project.pj > test.xls

si mods -r 1.1 --project=d:/MKSprojects/project.pj

I had no luck...contacted MKS support. They are working on a solution too.... Please note for "si report" I got 6 files in my cygwin home directory - .txr has revision information but shows changes from r1.1 to r 1.5, but our latest version is 1.16......also this is not considering the dev variants

I tried output redirection (>) to various file formats, however, there is a need for some formatting from within MKS commands itself. The reason being the resulting excel file will not be in a table format….I’m researching the “--fields” command (not with much success). If I’m not mistaken in MKS integrity 2005, the “si report” command would output data into MS Access (fully formatted)….don’t know why MKS scrapped that function..

I've used the Perforce "p4v logger" to create weekly audit reports. Can anyone help please?
Re: Generate "si reports" Posted: Jul 6, 2012 3:15 PM
Posted By:   mlizak     Posts: 72 /  Registered: Feb, 2011  
Hello Suman,

Please also ask your Support Engineer to add you to the RFC for Source Reporting.

I suspect a combination of the commands you have listed with some massaging from Perl or some other scripting language might be useful, but I don't have any scripts that come close to doing that myself.

Regards,
Kael

Re: Generate "si reports" Posted: Jul 6, 2012 4:03 PM
Posted By:   suman.lavu     Posts: 2 /  Registered: Jun, 2012  
Hi Kael,

Thanks for the reply. We use Jenkin for CI & it polls MKS with the following commands.....so we used it to generate our reports as well.....

si rlog --recurse --batch --noHeaderFormat --noTrailerFormat --rfilter=anyspecial --format=~@@~{membername}~@~{author}~@~{revision}~@~{date}~@~{cpid}~@~{description} --rfilter=branch::current '--rfilter=daterange:"Jul 05, 2012 02:01:38 AM"-"Jul 06, 2012 02:01:38 AM"' --project=d:/MKSProjects/RWB/MBA/project.pj --devpath=MBA_v6.2.1.x_NATIVE_REDESIGN

Kind Regards,
Kael Lizak

Senior Technical Support Engineer
PTC Integrity Lifecycle Manager
0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags