cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Help! Suddenly getting Illegal Whitespace error

tmiller-3
1-Newbie

Help! Suddenly getting Illegal Whitespace error

Obviously something changed and I am diligently researching/investigating however.....

Users are getting an error when trying to make an update:

Could not save modified item 2051: JavaScript Error: javax.mail.internet.AddressException: Illegal whitespace in add in string ' 'PTC Integrity"

Worked this morning and now does not. There may have been some minor trigger changes but my initial investigation revealed nothing there and we do not have more than 40 working triggers. I am unaware of any other changes. Anyone experience this? Possible solutions or thoughts? Guidance?

We are stuck until it is resolved.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

OK, I knew it was something simple, just had to find it. Turns out that an Email List parameter field was populate. In that trigger's other parameters, the "From Address" and "From Address Field" fields were left blank. Ergo, when the trigger ran, the email portion resulted in an error.

To fix, I simply input correct info into the two fields and the error went away.

FYI -

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

OK, after more research involving server logs, it is definitely the result of a trigger. Only issue now is discovering which one.

OK, I knew it was something simple, just had to find it. Turns out that an Email List parameter field was populate. In that trigger's other parameters, the "From Address" and "From Address Field" fields were left blank. Ergo, when the trigger ran, the email portion resulted in an error.

To fix, I simply input correct info into the two fields and the error went away.

FYI -

Top Tags