cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

How To: Run PSMInstaller.jar as an administrator

ASailer
5-Regular Member

How To: Run PSMInstaller.jar as an administrator

Dear community,

I'm a bloody newby for the PSM and trying to install the PSM 5.0 on a Windows Server(R) 2012 R2 but I'm not able to do this.

My user is configured as an administrator. I've downloaded the installer files and trying to start the installer from the windows explorer with the error:

"Windows can't openzhis type of file (.jar)"

How could I execute a .jar file as an administrator?

In the docu there is written about a dynatrace agent and -client. Is this installed with the PSMInstaller.jar file too?

Kind regards

Alexander Sailer

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Alex,

It sounds like you might not have Java 8 installed on that machine?  That is required for PSM 5.  It's either that, or your Windows file associations don't recognize the Java file?

The CLI method of running the installer, is:

java -jar PSMInstaller.jar

So you can try that, but I'm thinking you'll probably have the same issue, as I suspect you don't have that version of Java currently installed yet.

Check out the section starting on pg. 29 of the guide, for installation instructions:

http://support.ptc.com/WCMS/files/170612/en/PSMInstallDeployGuide-Integrity.pdf

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Alex,

It sounds like you might not have Java 8 installed on that machine?  That is required for PSM 5.  It's either that, or your Windows file associations don't recognize the Java file?

The CLI method of running the installer, is:

java -jar PSMInstaller.jar

So you can try that, but I'm thinking you'll probably have the same issue, as I suspect you don't have that version of Java currently installed yet.

Check out the section starting on pg. 29 of the guide, for installation instructions:

http://support.ptc.com/WCMS/files/170612/en/PSMInstallDeployGuide-Integrity.pdf

Top Tags