Dear Community, I have a big problem: When our ALM was created. A fva field ExternalLink was binded unfortunately to a shorttext field. I would like to add to this field RichText content; hyperlinks (to svn, doors and so on) As I understand the richtext format is only possible with the longtext type. Longtext has more possibilities as shorttext, but integrity does not allowed to change the Field value of my fva to longtext type Field from shorttext tye field 😞 We are using v10.4 We will do an upgrade to v10.7, does it support such a hm.... trick? 🙂 Does somebody have any ide how to deal with this problem? How to cast shorttext to longtext? (My nightmare is to go thoughout every items ExternalLink field and copy them value to a ExternalLink_RichText field 😞 ) Thanks in advance Józsi
I see some options:
1. leave your "ExternalLink" fva shorttextfield as is and create an additional new richtext field to compute an hyperlink from the evtl. inserted URL in the short-Text field via a trigger
2. leave your "ExternalLink" shorttextfield as is and create an additional new shorttext field with a dynamic computation for the hyperlink like
thanks for your answer. Unfortunately it is not I searched.
The full story: I have a project in DOORS. There will be only a test suite document migrated to integrity the others will remain in DOORS. I created in the test module an attribute with dxl, which contains the DOORS links as hyperlinks stored in rich text format. I can import it to integrity but only to a rich field.
- We will have the traceability further in integrity and
- we will able to calculate metrics with this solution
- the testers can navigate to the reqiurement easy and fast.
The problem the collegues are already using the "ExternalLink" field in integrity, thatswhy I do not want to double or delete it.
I like your first idea, but it probably has the same problem like the layout dxls in DOORS, which make the system slower.
What I want to have in the field like these:
DOORS links look very ugly, thatswhy I do not want to put them into the field.
E.g.: If there is a object has 5 links, which makes you headache (at least the requirement engineers will have)