cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

How to create a Generic Import Parser for multiple Type (Document)?

sagarwal-4
7-Bedrock

How to create a Generic Import Parser for multiple Type (Document)?

Since now, I am creating multiple import parser for different documents. Now What i want is to create a single generic parser for many Documents.

5 REPLIES 5

Hello,

thats a good idea.

Please let us know to which area your question is related to: Integrity Documents and MS Word files where you have XSLT files to parse?

You say: multiple types, you mean Spec Doc and Req Doc?

Yes Volker you are correct.

I want to Import MS-Word document into Integrity Document but from a single parser i want to import multiple type document like spec doc & req document.

You want to import one document that contains data for Spec and Requirements in one run?

I mean, even if this is rather unusual, it depends on the knowledge of the developer who has developed the XSLT file.

But hold on, the Gateway can create only one Integrity document at a time.

So, to create two target documents you need anyway two import runs then.

Therefore, you can also work with two different XSLT files, which migh tbe anyway required to distinguish between Spec and Requirement.

Hi Volker,

I think shubham want to say something else.. Hope this is not the requirement looking unusual..

As per my understanding shubham wants a single import parser that work for every kind of document like if he import Spec document or Requirement Document (Individually different-2 document) then this import parser should work for both only we have to select integrity document in which we want to import..

Is this you want shubham ?

Regards,

Kapil

Hi Volker,

The requirement is same as mentioned above.

And your concern is also right, that for two or more document, we want different xslt file.

But xslt file only customize the way of import a file in integrity.

If i want same format for import, then what is your suggestrion?

Let me elaborate more to you:

At the time of import window, cant we achive a fucntionality like drop down with options in which type you want this import to be done.?

Top Tags