cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

How to search a project for a member's Revision Description?

hyzerfool
4-Participant

How to search a project for a member's Revision Description?

The subject pretty much says it all... How to search a project for a member's Revision Description in Source Integrity?  (We're running an ancient version, 2009, but presumably this is basic functionality)

We put case numbers in the revision description when checking files in.  Today, for the first time, I was trying to find a file based on a case number and realized I had no idea how to do it.

A half hour of crawling through hidden commands and the documentation, unsurprisingly, turned up nothing.

Help?

(I should note, regarding the Labels that are required to post this, I don't have a clue what you're looking for there, so apologies if the proposed label I chose is wildly wrong)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Based on your usecase my first approach would be

c:\my_sandbox>si rlog --recurse > rlog_all_members.txt

There should be a chance to find your case numbers and associate them to

a corresponding member and revision by manually searching in rlog_all_members.txt.

Regards Juergen

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Based on your usecase my first approach would be

c:\my_sandbox>si rlog --recurse > rlog_all_members.txt

There should be a chance to find your case numbers and associate them to

a corresponding member and revision by manually searching in rlog_all_members.txt.

Regards Juergen

To add onto Juergen's response, you may wish to post a product idea on the community here, so it gets product development's eyes as something that would be useful.  I know this has been brought up in the past before, and the Configuration Management aspect of Integrity, doesn't accomodate searching of Source metadata very well, within the product.

A simlar question I posted was

https://community.ptc.com/t5/Integrity-Questions/find-out-in-which-revision-a-keyword-has-been-introduced-in/m-p/319652

This was rather about about searching across revisions contents and not metadata

Juergen

hyzerfool
4-Participant
(To:kthierer)

Thanks, this worked.  Sorry for the slow reply, was travelling.  

Top Tags