cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

How to see history of dropped member or subproject?

mcrumpler-2
1-Newbie

How to see history of dropped member or subproject?

Hello,

I've had an issue of members and/or subprojects getting dropped from active projects. I've searched everywhere I could think to, but I can't figure out how to see who (which user) dropped the members/subprojects. Is there a way to do this? CLI or through the gui, either works. TIA

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello Matthew,

Its not possible to see who dropped the particular sub project or member. The only way is by looking into "Database log".

May be you could suggest project users to make the "Changepackage" as a mandatory one. This will helps to identify who dropped via the changepackage entry.

Note:

If the member is not available in project, its not possible to use CLI command.

You could restore the dropped member from archive and project from "Add subproject" option.

Regards,

Sathish

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Hello Matthew,

Its not possible to see who dropped the particular sub project or member. The only way is by looking into "Database log".

May be you could suggest project users to make the "Changepackage" as a mandatory one. This will helps to identify who dropped via the changepackage entry.

Note:

If the member is not available in project, its not possible to use CLI command.

You could restore the dropped member from archive and project from "Add subproject" option.

Regards,

Sathish

Thank you for your response. That is unfortunate that a source integrity software doesn't track something as important as dropped members and sub projects. Is there a way to request this feature in the next release?

Also, and this may seem like a stupid question, but how can I access the database log file. I assume that would live on the server, but is there a general location and/or name for that file? (example: serveraddress/logs/database.log) 

Hello Matthew,

With the database.log you could able to extract the information specified. But as far I know, you require PTC support for analyzing it first time. Moreover it will have dump of data, so my request is please dont spend time in analyzing this, as the issue is not that much crtical.

The database.log shall be available in Database server. But again it requires PTC support to analyze, and also you need approximate time frame when the "Drop" event handled.

KaelLizak
14-Alexandrite
(To:skamaraj)

Hello Matthew Crumpler, Sathish Kumar Kamaraj‌,

This is actually possible, if Mandatory Change Packages are enabled, as described in CS1044843.  Alternatively, if audit logging is enabled and configured to track Source/Configuration Management changes (as described in CS144302).  Neither of these options work unless your system is already configured to use them.

Regards,

Kael

Kind Regards,
Kael Lizak

Senior Technical Support Engineer
PTC Integrity Lifecycle Manager
khoppe
14-Alexandrite
(To:KaelLizak)

Hello,

I can confirm that Audit Logging is working well.

In our company depending on importance of a project we use Policy "Change Package Mandatory" only partly.

For all other cases we are using "Audit logging" to track actions that aren't visible in the Member's or Subproject's History, like for eg.

- Drop

- Move

- Rename

- Configure

But it is important to shrink the Audit Log Table from time to time.

Details about Audit Logging you can find in the document "Integrity Server Installation and Configuration Guide ", Chapter "Setting Up Audit Logging on Integrity Server"

Klaus

Top Tags