cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

I want to verify the user names which are listed in particular "Integrity Role Group " with local Excel sheet user names. Please help me, how to automate this use case using Batch Script?

vs-3
1-Newbie

I want to verify the user names which are listed in particular "Integrity Role Group " with local Excel sheet user names. Please help me, how to automate this use case using Batch Script?

Example: If "Integrity Developer Role Group" has listed with "user1, user2, user3, ....user10". But in my local "Excel user list" i have only 9-user (i.e user1, user2, user3, ...user9). In this case user10 is missing in my "Excel user list" file. so how to find this using "batch scripting file"

4 REPLIES 4
mrump
14-Alexandrite
(To:vs-3)

the CLI command:

aa groups --members <groupname>

gives you the Login names of all users in a Group.

the CLI command:

aa users --groups <username>

gives you all the groups a user is member of.

Note:

this does not work for dynamic Groups, only for static domain Groups.

HTH Matthias

vs-3
1-Newbie
(To:mrump)

Hi Matthias,

Thanks for your information. But in this case I want to check by using "Batch file" scripting.

mrump
14-Alexandrite
(To:vs-3)

What exactly do you mean by

"Batch file" scripting.

IMHO in a Batch file you can utilize the CLI PTC offers you (either using DOS Shell, Powershell, BASH or what ever)

KaelLizak
14-Alexandrite
(To:mrump)

Hello vijayakumar s‌,

To add to Matthias Rump‌'s response, you can use the --batch option with those CLI commands to keep them from going interactive and requesting user credentials or server connection information.  In that case, you'll need to use --user=, --password=, --hostname=, and --port, unless those respective values are already saved in the client running the script.

Regards,
Kael

Kind Regards,
Kael Lizak

Senior Technical Support Engineer
PTC Integrity Lifecycle Manager
Top Tags