cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Images in html reports are not shown

ssaul
15-Moonstone

Images in html reports are not shown

We want to do an html report on a Test Session with test steps.

In the generated report, images are only shown as placeholders.

The images were automatically saved as attachment when added to the test step.

When browsing the underlying link inside the report, f.e. "http://ourservername:7001/im/viewattachment/PTC_14952943054504893.png?attachmentID=1603&mks_tz=NONE&mks.disconnect",
it asks for credentials for the RV&S server and downloads the file, so the connection basically works.

Why is this image not shown in the report?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ssaul
15-Moonstone
(To:ssaul)

Okay, we now found a workaround that is not pretty, but okay.

It works for us in Edge and Chrome, but not in Firefox.

After generating the Report, it is opened in Edge or Chrome.

Images are shown as placeholders.

Open one image in new tab, enter requested credentials.

Now generate the Report again - it is shown in Edge or Chrome with images, can be exported or printed.

Nevertheless, there should be an easier and more straightforward way to generate reports with images.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
ssaul
15-Moonstone

Hmmm, 7 days without answer - this does not seem to be a common usecase.

So is there anybody who has images in html reports?

LLawton
14-Alexandrite

Yes, we do. This is a common scenario (reports that include images).

I've seen the problem on an off, but I haven't had the need to investigate.

PTC should make sure it works correctly, and also eliminate the unnecessary credentials prompt.

ssaul
15-Moonstone
(To:LLawton)

Thanks for sharing your experience and for the confirmation that it should work.

Here, we do not manage to see the images embedded in the report, only the placeholders.

Only when copying the image address and browsing it on a separate tab, it can be downloaded after entering the credentials.

That does not help for the report itself or for sharing it with customers (as pdf).

Do you see the images embedded in the report?

What problems did you have?

ssaul
15-Moonstone

Okay, we now found a workaround that is not pretty, but okay.

It works for us in Edge and Chrome, but not in Firefox.

After generating the Report, it is opened in Edge or Chrome.

Images are shown as placeholders.

Open one image in new tab, enter requested credentials.

Now generate the Report again - it is shown in Edge or Chrome with images, can be exported or printed.

Nevertheless, there should be an easier and more straightforward way to generate reports with images.

kjain2
14-Alexandrite

Hi @ssaul 

If you have integrity session available in browser then images shall come. If your servers are configured with SSO then not even need to enter credentials.
If there are no session available specially when reports gets executed first time it refer to local html instance rather then pulling the data from server then images doesn't come and placeholder appears. If you then click on re-run report button it asks for credential and then images shall be displayed.

Just to let you know whenever i have use case for report i never give user manual option Item -> Run Report or just run report. I try to generate link of report on IPT itself under reports tab as i always have report tab in IPT. And user just click on that link and this always gets executed from server and asks for credentials. And no one complaints about missing images and so.

Hope this helps. Anyone looks like you have got an solution.

Any further question, please feel free to reach out.

Vielen Dank / Many Thanks,
Kapil Jain

ssaul
15-Moonstone
(To:kjain2)

Hi @kjain2 ,

thanks for your hints - your solution is easier than the one we found.

And creating a report link to recreate the report is also a good advice.

Top Tags