cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Import requirements - PTC RM

fpastano
1-Newbie

Import requirements - PTC RM

Hello everybody.

Can someone explain/teach me how to quickly import requirements (from a word or pdf or excel file) into PTC RM?

I was looking at the DOCUMENT --> IMPORT command, but what I get is just a wizard requiring a configuration file that I don't have.

I'm available to understand how to create it, but I need to understand how to do it, what is the language to be used, the basic commands, etc.

Do you know a tutorial or something like that?

I'm also interested for any "plugin" available on the market that can perform this activity, if available.

Thank you in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KaelLizak
14-Alexandrite
(To:fpastano)

Hello Fabio Pastano‌,

Take a look at CS126021:  How to Use the Document Import Feature in Integrity Lifecycle Manager.  The general usage is contained in there, as well as a reference to the appropriate section in the documentation on how to set this up.  I'm not aware of any tutorials on how to do this.

The plugin is the gateway component that ships with the core product.  I believe Global Services also has tools for doing this with PDFs, but I'm not sure.  Your Account Manager would be able to assist with that.

Note that it's also possible to do this to some extent with Microsoft Excel, but there are significant limitations with that method.  See CS133072:  How to Import a Requirements List Using the Integrity Excel Integration.

I hope that helps.

Regards,
Kael

Kind Regards,
Kael Lizak

Senior Technical Support Engineer
PTC Integrity Lifecycle Manager

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
KaelLizak
14-Alexandrite

Hello Fabio Pastano‌,

Take a look at CS126021:  How to Use the Document Import Feature in Integrity Lifecycle Manager.  The general usage is contained in there, as well as a reference to the appropriate section in the documentation on how to set this up.  I'm not aware of any tutorials on how to do this.

The plugin is the gateway component that ships with the core product.  I believe Global Services also has tools for doing this with PDFs, but I'm not sure.  Your Account Manager would be able to assist with that.

Note that it's also possible to do this to some extent with Microsoft Excel, but there are significant limitations with that method.  See CS133072:  How to Import a Requirements List Using the Integrity Excel Integration.

I hope that helps.

Regards,
Kael

Kind Regards,
Kael Lizak

Senior Technical Support Engineer
PTC Integrity Lifecycle Manager

Thanks.

It works!

alabonte
14-Alexandrite

Hello Fabio Pastano,

If you still need assistance with this, can you please let us know the challenge(s) you are still facing?

It looks like Kael's solution is correct, would you please take the next step and mark this answer as "Correct Answer"?

This way other users reading the thread will know there is a solution, and which answer is correct. In addition, it makes the solution easier to find.

Thank you,

Adam

Hello Fabio,

we from PTC Consulting have created a document loader based on Excel.

It enhances the "Edit in Excel" feature by loading complete Integrity Documents, incl. section structure.

If you are interested, just drop me an email. Its a set of jar files + the Excel template.

(I know that your company has ongoing service contracts with PTC consulting anyway.)

Volker

Top Tags