1. Describe your environment: What is your industry? What is your role in your organization? Describe your stakeholders. As a solution architect in the medical device industry I support users of the MBSE tool PTC Modeler.
2. What product and version are you currently running? PTC Modeler 9.5 & PTC Modeler Web Interface
3. Describe the problem you are trying to solve. Please include detailed documentation such as screenshots, images or video.
The usability of the PTC Modeler web interface could be increased in terms of zooming and panning. Here are some suggestions:
- Zooming by turning the mouse wheel always zooms to the upper left corner of a diagram. It would be nice to zoom to the place where the mouse cursor is. - It would be great if you could adjust the visible part of the chart (after zooming in) by holding down and moving the left mouse button. - after selecting a part in a diagram, there is no visual indication that it is selected. This information only comes from the properties. It would be nice if this could be displayed with a frame around the object, for example.
I would be happy if these points could be considered.
Also, I would like to say that the Web Interface is a great extension to Modeler for sharing content with "viewers".
4. What is the use case for your organization? Review SysML diagrams in the PTC Modeler Web Interface and navigating on those diagrams.
5. What business value would your suggestion represent for your organization? This would increase usability and thus increase acceptance among users.