cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Integrity Delete Performance

phartwig
12-Amethyst

Integrity Delete Performance

All,

Has anyone performed a mass delete of flat items (ie. defects) from an Integrity environment?  I am looking for suggestions on how to improve the performance of the delete.  

I have created the two recommended indexes from CS119789 - "How to increase performance when deleting items in Integrity" and pinned the ISSUES and ILLDELTAMAP to memory.  However, the delete is only able to remove 4 per minute at best.  At this rate, it will take me > 40 days to remove all the data.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Paul

1 REPLY 1

Hey Paul,

You may want to try and open a Support case for this, and have SQL logging turned up, so that can be reviewed, as perhaps there are some other SQL statements taking a long time.

It's been observed that sometimes if IBPL field columns are also involved in the delete queries, that you may need indexes for those too.  And of course, DB stats should be updated.

We've also seen that sometimes the DB does not have the execution plan cached too.

It's not a terribly performant operation for sure.

Top Tags