cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Integrity Export to Word doesn't work as I want

ptc-5022960
1-Newbie

Integrity Export to Word doesn't work as I want

wenn i try to export a document to word, integrity insert a new line between 2 fields.

My word template look like this:

<%elseif {Category} == "Information"%>

[<%{Section}%>]<%{Text}%>

<%else%>

and the result are:

[5.1]

The development ...

I want to have all in one line... but i don't know how... can you help me?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KaelLizak
14-Alexandrite
(To:ptc-5022960)

Hello Sebastian,

I believe Matthias is correct. The suggested workaround for this is to use a a table without borders. The table should have two cells, side-by-side. In the first cell insert the <%{Section}%> field, and in the second cell, insert <%{Text}%>.

The reason this is occuring is because, as Matthias stated, your <%{Text}%> field starts with a newline. This is the case with all Integrity rich text fields.

This is covered by CS91937: Issues with Word/Gateway: Carriage Returns/Line Feeds inserted between non-RTF and rich text content, and would attach you to defect RFC 369604. Please contact PTC Integrity Support to have your organization associated with this enhancement request

Regards,
Kael

Kind Regards,
Kael Lizak

Senior Technical Support Engineer
PTC Integrity Lifecycle Manager

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
mrump
14-Alexandrite

The Word Export Template does strongly depend on the styles you use in your Word Template.

Your sample seems like a "Heading2" style, so please ensure that in your dotx template file the according style definitions do not include anything that would explain your visual result (e.g. the "space before" setting for paragraphs).

Please keep in mind that you check the "MKSHeading2" style as well.

HTH Matthias

Thank you for your answer, but I don't know what you mind.

My template ist a Word-Document (docx). I don't use a specific Word Template (.dotx), just the Microsoft normal.dotx for my documents.

The problem is not the format, I know, that i have to adapt the format "MKSHeadingXXX" every time. The problem that I have is the "NEW LINE". I want to have this:

[5.1] Requirement 1

In one line and not this:

[5.1]

Requirement 1

Integrity insert a new line only bevor the field <%text%>, I don't know why!!!!

If I do this:

<%section%><%section%><%text%>

I get:

5.1 5.1

Requirement 1

mrump
14-Alexandrite

Sorry about the confusion, sure the template ist a Word-Document (docx) - must have mixed it with the Edit in Word Templates- my fault.

My point is that as far as I know there are only two ways to get a "NEW LINE" into your document.

1. the content of your <%{text}%> field starts with a new line, so do not blame the Template, but the data.

2. the style applied by the Word Template to the <%{text}%> content (the "space before" setting)

I use the somthing like

[<%{Section}%>]<%{Text}%>

a lot in several export templates and never had a problem with that.

BTW:

If you want to avoid reason 1. from above you can use

[<%{Section}%>]<%{Text} richcontent="false"%>

to specify a Heading.

I understood now what you meant.

I tried also without space between [<%{Section}%>]<%{Text}%> , but still doesn't work. I think there is a bug in Integrity.

I can't use unfortunately the recomendation with "richcontent="false" because i lose the the format of the tables and lists

KaelLizak
14-Alexandrite

Hello Sebastian,

I believe Matthias is correct. The suggested workaround for this is to use a a table without borders. The table should have two cells, side-by-side. In the first cell insert the <%{Section}%> field, and in the second cell, insert <%{Text}%>.

The reason this is occuring is because, as Matthias stated, your <%{Text}%> field starts with a newline. This is the case with all Integrity rich text fields.

This is covered by CS91937: Issues with Word/Gateway: Carriage Returns/Line Feeds inserted between non-RTF and rich text content, and would attach you to defect RFC 369604. Please contact PTC Integrity Support to have your organization associated with this enhancement request

Regards,
Kael

Kind Regards,
Kael Lizak

Senior Technical Support Engineer
PTC Integrity Lifecycle Manager

Thank you very much!

I would appreciate if the newline inserted between non-RTF and RTC is for the next version configurable

Top Tags