cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Integrity Requirements Connector failure with Mapping

ErickEstrada
2-Guest

Integrity Requirements Connector failure with Mapping

Good Day,

While doing the setup for the IRC, in Mapping options, I got a some issues referring to:

1. "api exceptions"
  2. failed to read "itemconstraints"
  3. failed to read document definition

If I interpreted well, at least for the 2nd point, I got admin rights and the message said I might not be authorized.

Thank you.

9 REPLIES 9

Erick,

It would be helpful to provide the entire error/console message, from IRC, or some screenshots to show what you're seeing.

You may want to open a Support case for this.

Given the brief info available, if I had to guess at your issue, it sounds like it could be one of the known SPRs depending on your Integrity / IRC versions (what are they?), in relation to constraints:

Maybe,

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS244789

or

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS250963

If you can provide more info, I'm sure it can be figured out. 

Just to follow-up;

Were one of those articles the situation you were seeing, or did you open a Support case instead?

Hello Michael,

Thank you for your response, unfortunately those articles are not applicable for my situation.

My colleague create a Support case (C15377533) with a more detailed explanation.

Thank you.

LLawton
14-Alexandrite
(To:ErickEstrada)

(Second, shorter version, first one got lost)

This is about question #2 "itemconstraints".

We are using IRC 3.4 with Integrity 11.2  The two articles above apply to earlier versions, especially the second one that says that the problem was fixed in 11.1.

It seems this undocumented command's purpose is to determine the constraints on an item type by actually creating one item, but with the permissions assigned to the user running it.

I ran the command against every type in my system and the bottom line is this: every document node type fails with "internal error MKS156897' (e.g. Test Case). That error code only applies to document nodes.

The login I used has all admin rights and all edit rights on all fields and transitions, and there are no mandatory fields.

I think the error has to do with the fact that the Integrity system prevents creating node items directly. So we need to hear from Requirements Connector support or development.

Hey Laurent,

It doesn't look like your post came through (empty?).

Did this get resolved, or move forward?

If not, I'd ping the Support rep, and make sure they have the relevant Integrity ALM and IRC console logging.

Maybe this was pursued through some other channel I don't have visibility to, but it looks like it may still be outstanding to me.

LLawton
14-Alexandrite
(To:MichaelChatel)

Hello Michael,

No news from PTC Support but we are currently furloughed so I'm not pushing hard.

I'll post an update if we learn something interesting on this topic.

We are also facing same issue, are there any further updates on this issue?

LLawton
14-Alexandrite
(To:Adhikk)

I never heard back from PTC on this issue, I'll revive my case.

Thanks for the reminder, I'll post the updates I get.

Top Tags