cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Introducing PTC Release Advisor

KartikOak
15-Moonstone

Introducing PTC Release Advisor

Hello All,
                    I'm re-posting this message from the main Windchill group in case you missed it.  PTC Release Advisor is a new tool that allows customers (having a PTC Support Account) to chalk out a install or upgrade path for your Windchill RV&S and other related or relevant PTC Products. 

PTC Release Advisor is a new web-based tool available on the Support Portal , which consolidates compatibility documentation and upgrade recommendations across PTC products.

This new tool can help you plan an upgrade of a PTC product, while considering other PTC products  you use, and key variables in your environment such as Database , browser and Operating Systems.

• Release Advisor’s intuitive UI guides you through a step by step process of filling this information in – and then generates a high-level upgrade and compatibility table -based on the products and variables most important to you.
  • Users can also navigate to a more detailed release matrix, which displays all compatibility information for a specific release.

For a brief demo of the tool, check out this short video: Release Advisor Demo - YouTube

Thanks

Kartik Oak

2 REPLIES 2
LLawton
14-Alexandrite
(To:KartikOak)

Hello Kartik,

I tried the tool to see my path from Integrity 11.2 to the latest Windchill RV&S.

The first step, where it asks which product I wish to upgrade, only lists the last three Windchill RV&S versions. So I can't even get past that.

What am I missing, or is the tool simply not available pre-version 12.3 ?

KartikOak
15-Moonstone
(To:LLawton)

Hi,

Hope you are doing well and nice to hear that you are planning an upgrade.

As you rightly guessed, the tool has released this year and is up to date on recent releases.

As an alternate, please refer to this link and if necessary work with PTC Tech Support to plan your upgrade.

Thanks

Kartik Oak

Top Tags