cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Is there a possibility to give out all definition done for Integrity "Workflow and Documents"

Is there a possibility to give out all definition done for Integrity "Workflow and Documents"

For documentation purposes as well as for getting something like a complete data model I like to give out every admin object with it's references

from our Workflow and Documents module.

To our solution:

We have defined own (==> from PTC Solution deviating) types and several other objects belonging to this (incl. Scripts).

I now like to give out all of this stuff including infos:

• for a certain object:  what does it include ?
  • for a certain object:  where is used ?
  • for a certain object:  how has it been set up ?

Reason:  Get an overview which allows to see where a change will be effective.

Additional info:

There existed an Add-On developed from PTC Consulting Services for Integrity 10.4 (maybe today there is a newer version) which does something similar combined with existing Types.

This file "IntegrityDocs.zip" I'll add as reference to this idea, but the approach described above is intended to also include the possibility to give for eg. the Access deinition concept, too.

Waiting for comments,

Klaus

7 Comments
khoppe
14-Alexandrite
KartikOak
15-Moonstone

Hello Klaus,

I was reviewing this Idea thread and the case + discussion hyperlinks that you have shared above. Is it correct to assume you have got the information you were looking for & this Idea can be closed?

Thanks

Kartik Oak

khoppe
14-Alexandrite

No.

Every suggestion bring out only parts of an existing solution that is in use by PTC Consultants.

Idea is still an improvement suggestion that could be realized simply.

I request R&D to give a nanswer to this idea.

Regards

KartikOak
15-Moonstone

Hello Klaus,

There is no immediate plan to pick up this Idea but I'm moving it to Future Consideration, to be reviewed when we plan any work for the Administrative features of Integrity Lifecycle Manager. At that point we will update the state appropriately.

Thanks

Kartik Oak

khoppe
14-Alexandrite

It would be great to get an info from PTC's Roadmap WHEN this time will be reached.

Or in other words:  Can you give a date when work at Administrative Features will take place?

VolkerEckardt
17-Peridot

Hello Klaus,

I can confirm that PTC has updated the IntegrityDocs tool to version 11 over the past months. The tool offers now reporting capability for almost all W&D configurations, and even more some Config Management settings.

You can find more details here:

https://community.ptc.com/t5/Integrity-Tips/IntegrityDocs-Configuration-Reporting-for-Integrity-Lifecycle/m-p/545944#M62

IntegrityDocs offers not only plain setup lists, it consolidates also information, such as "DynamicGroups used in Types" etc. 

If there is any report missing, I would be pleased to add this report then in the next release.

Volker  

Siddharth
9-Granite
Status changed to: Acknowledged