cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

MKS 2007 with SQL Server 2008 R2

amills
1-Newbie

MKS 2007 with SQL Server 2008 R2

Hello,

We have an old Copy of MKS integrity which contains some legacy solutions.  We do not actively use it but it is occasionally useful to look at the old histories when trying to understand an area of code.

We are looking to upgrade the backend database from SQL 2005 -> SQL 2008 R2. Just wondering if anyone has done this, or any experience with it / known problems?

Thanks,

Al.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MichaelChatel
20-Turquoise
(To:amills)

Hi Alistair,

I don't know the specifics, but I do know that we had to make coding changes back in the day for "MKS 2009 (Integrity 2009)", to specifically get Integrity to work with, and add support for, MS SQL Server 2008.

Support for MKS 2007 was being dropped back then, so none of that work was done to 2007.

So, if you need to keep using MKS 2007, I would not upgrade to MS SQL Server 2008, for that particular installation.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
MichaelChatel
20-Turquoise
(To:amills)

Hi Alistair,

I don't know the specifics, but I do know that we had to make coding changes back in the day for "MKS 2009 (Integrity 2009)", to specifically get Integrity to work with, and add support for, MS SQL Server 2008.

Support for MKS 2007 was being dropped back then, so none of that work was done to 2007.

So, if you need to keep using MKS 2007, I would not upgrade to MS SQL Server 2008, for that particular installation.

Brilliant - thanks Michael!

Top Tags