1. Describe your environment: What is your industry? What is your role in your organization? Describe your stakeholders. Integration domain, we support integration with the PTC
2. What product and version are you currently running? 12
3. Describe the problem you are trying to solve. Please include detailed documentation such as screenshots, images or video. Connecting the PTC via command runner through forward proxy
4. What is the use case for your organization?
The use case that we want to achieve.
* We have a PTC instance hosted on the VM with the IP XX.XX.XX.XX * We are trying to connect to this PTC instance from the Java Virtual Machine hosted on VM with the IP YY.YY.YY.YY * If the VM with the IP YY.YY.YY.YY is able to connect to the VM with the IP XX.XX.XX.XX directly, then with the use of mksapi.jar this is achieved ** From the mksapi, we are using com.mks.api.IntegrationPointFactory and com.mks.api.IntegrationPoint to create the session and then we are executing the server administration commands(i.e. im projects, im types, im users, etc) to connect with the PTC server * If the VM with the IP YY.YY.YY.YY is not able to connect to the VM with the IP XX.XX.XX.XX directly, and this connection is possible with the forward Proxy server hosted on the VM with IP ZZ.ZZ.ZZ.ZZ. ** Here, with the use of mksapi.jar we are unable to achieve the same, as mksapi.jar is not allowing us to define the proxy setting for the connection.
5. What business value would your suggestion represent for your organization? There can be lot of organization, which has security constrains to