cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

MKS Integrity 2009 Visual Studio Integration Share from many locations

clement
1-Newbie

MKS Integrity 2009 Visual Studio Integration Share from many locations

Hello,

Computer 1 Location 1 : I create a subproject and share it. Visual Studio/File/Import Solution/ will show the share in the list.

Computer 2 Location 2 : Visual Studio/File/Import Solution/ doesn't show the Share in the list.

Any idea why ? Thank you

a+, 😃

-=Clement=-

Configuration :

MKS Integrity Client 2009 Build: 4.10.0.9665

Service Pack: 007-01 Hotfixes: C041000007-05, C041000007-015

Visual Studio 2008

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
fbu
1-Newbie
1-Newbie
(To:clement)

Hello,

I had the same problem the other day, but with help from PTC support found a solution, so I'm gonna post it here for reference for others:

The key point seems to be the handling of change packages. When you shared the solution (via File -> Source Control -> Share Solution), you must submit the corresponding change package. This *has* to be done from Visual Studio, *not* from the MKS Client itself! If done there, it seems to submit additional sharing information, which is required for other clients to find the share.

If you already submitted the CP via the MKS Gui, you can just reopen it, open the solution in Visual Studio, and submit the CP again from there.

Cheers,

Florian

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
KaelLizak
14-Alexandrite

Hello Clement,

Interesting! Please contact Integrity Support to have them investigate this.

Regards,
Kael

Kind Regards,
Kael Lizak

Senior Technical Support Engineer
PTC Integrity Lifecycle Manager
fbu
1-Newbie
1-Newbie

Hello,

I had the same problem the other day, but with help from PTC support found a solution, so I'm gonna post it here for reference for others:

The key point seems to be the handling of change packages. When you shared the solution (via File -> Source Control -> Share Solution), you must submit the corresponding change package. This *has* to be done from Visual Studio, *not* from the MKS Client itself! If done there, it seems to submit additional sharing information, which is required for other clients to find the share.

If you already submitted the CP via the MKS Gui, you can just reopen it, open the solution in Visual Studio, and submit the CP again from there.

Cheers,

Florian

clement
1-Newbie
(To:fbu)

Hello Florian,

Thank you for your anwer ! Some test show that this seems to be the right workaround.

@Michael : I have no ability to contact Integrity Support myself (I asked the internal MKS support team but they didn't know how to fix he issue)

a+, 😃

-=Clement=-

Configuration :

MKS Integrity Client 2009 Build: 4.10.0.9665

Service Pack: 007-01 Hotfixes: C041000007-05, C041000007-015

Visual Studio 2008

Top Tags