cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

MKS Integrity 2009 starup error

pjiménez
1-Newbie

MKS Integrity 2009 starup error

Hi,

The MKS Integrity Client 2009 produces an error when I try to open the application, and blocks out my computer. The error is an window with title "Error" and the only text "-1", and thats all. The application enters a loop showing this error, and have no other choise than reestart the computer.

I'm running MKS Integrity Client 2009 with service pack 6 in a Windows XP Pro computer for more that a year without any problem. The error started after I installed either the last Windows XP updates (around 8th to 10th -Oct-2013) or LabView 2010.

This is the error windows:

2013-10-13+10_45_09-MKS+Source+Integrity+ViewSet+-+MKS+Integrity+2009.png

I tried installing service pack 7, but the error persists.

Did someone have this error?

Cheers,

Pedro

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mrump
14-Alexandrite
(To:pjiménez)

We faced this problem several times with 2009 and it might be related to the following scenarios:

- You have had a project/sandbox view open ans selected inthe client the last time you used it. this project or sandbox does not exist the server anymore.

- Your Admins changed some relationship fields that were use in relationship view you have had opened the last time your run the client.

- some other magic we don't know

A good way to solve this was to rename/remove the "IntegrityClient.rc" file in your user home. This is the place were all the settings from the last run are stored.

In Addition you can rename/delete the ".mks" directory in your user home, where all customized view and viewset related data is stored.

HTH Matthias

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

It is possible that the XP updates have changed the OS environment somehow. (File permissions and PATH definitions would be my first guess. ) The quickest fix would probably be to back up your client configuration files and re-install the client.

mrump
14-Alexandrite
(To:pjiménez)

We faced this problem several times with 2009 and it might be related to the following scenarios:

- You have had a project/sandbox view open ans selected inthe client the last time you used it. this project or sandbox does not exist the server anymore.

- Your Admins changed some relationship fields that were use in relationship view you have had opened the last time your run the client.

- some other magic we don't know

A good way to solve this was to rename/remove the "IntegrityClient.rc" file in your user home. This is the place were all the settings from the last run are stored.

In Addition you can rename/delete the ".mks" directory in your user home, where all customized view and viewset related data is stored.

HTH Matthias

Hi,

Thanks for your support. As you pointed out, I could solve the problem deleting the .mks directory from my home folder.

Cheers.

This was due to a problem with the viewset being loaded upon client startup. It was really a JVM problem and has been fixed in the Integrity 10.0 and later releases. As already pointed-out, deleting/renaming the .mks folder will fix the problem since it contains the current client viewset files and the folder will be recreated on next client startup.

Top Tags