cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

MKS124814: Cannot show view information: The source trace fields must be specified

amatei
12-Amethyst

MKS124814: Cannot show view information: The source trace fields must be specified

Hello,

In the Integrity Workflow and Documents I do these steps

1) Open a requirement 

2) Select a source trace field to a member and select Item > Source Link > Source Trace Viewer.
3) I get the following error: MKS124814: Cannot show view information: The source trace fields must be specified

See attached file please

6 REPLIES 6
LLawton
14-Alexandrite
(To:amatei)

From the screenshot, I have a feeling that your Link to Source field is a source link and not a source trace.

Therefore the source trace viewer doesn't know what to do and you get the error.

Try to double-click on the file listed in the field instead of using menu options. Then see where that takes you.

If you have admin rights, you can also look at the definition of the field to confirm its type.

Let us know what happens please.

amatei
12-Amethyst
(To:LLawton)

Hello

>Try to double-click on the file listed in the field instead of using menu options.

>Then see where that takes you.

Double-click opens the revision 1.1.1.1 in the Member History (in Configuration Management)

See attachment

>If you have admin rights, you can also look at the definition of the field to confirm its type

Where exactly should I look to see the field definition?

LLawton
14-Alexandrite

For the field definition, in the Values tab there should be a checkbox with the name "Trace" and it should be checked to indicate that it is a source trace field.

LLawton
14-Alexandrite
(To:LLawton)

I take it back...

I just experimented on my system and if the item does not have a value in a source trace field, then the menu item is disabled (greyed out).

So your field must be a valid trace field and something else is happening.

You should open a ticket with PTC Support.

MichaelChatel
20-Turquoise

I agree with LLawton - opening a Support case with Integrity support is probably your best bet here.

I suspect you may be running into a defect.

We are using Integrity 11.0.0.506 with service packs up to C160000000-037

I also verified these links, but it didn't help 

http://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/cs111447

http://www.ptc.com/pt/support/article/cs164533

Top Tags