cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Make rich text editing and rendering work and behave as expected

Make rich text editing and rendering work and behave as expected

I am using Integrity 10.9 and editing rich text fields, especially with tables, is maddening. Nothing works as expected.

For example, try formatting a group of cells and set the alignment properties. Nothing sticks. Formatting borders is a crapshoot and definitely not user-friendly.

Copy-paste from Word or Excel produces different results and usually loses basic formatting, but not always.

I've read threads where people reported fixes in 10.5 and 6 rolled into subsequent versions. Personally, going from 10.4 to 10.9, I only see degradation at best.

Rich text behavior and rendering require serious review and many fixes and improvements.

This is a must for Requirements and Test management.

5 Comments
dpeter
5-Regular Member

Hi Laurent,

We hear you. Improvements in rich text handling is given highest priority in the upcoming releases. I am moving this to "For Future Consideration" for now and will keep it updated as we make progress.

Regards,

Donny Peter

mrump
14-Alexandrite

It would be extremely helpful for debugging and editing richtext, if the underlying HTML code was easier accessible.

As "Toggle HTML mode" Button could do the trick.

Just like in this Community Comment Edit View

sbakki
5-Regular Member

We are facing many issues with Rich Text fields as well. If there is a lot of content in the field then we are experiencing data loss and formatting loss. Its a raising concern for us

Regards,

Sudhakar

KartikOak
15-Moonstone
Status changed to: Clarification Needed

Releases of Windchill RV&S since 12.2 have a new rich text editor in place.

As a clarification please provide details if you continue to face exactly the same challenges and we can review those.

Thanks

Kartik

KartikOak
15-Moonstone
Status changed to: Delivered

Hello,

We introduced a new rich text editor in Windchill RV&S 12.2 and have kept it up to date with fixes.
The latest release of Windchill RV&S 13.2 also has improvements. Please review and provide your feedback.

Thanks

Kartik