cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Maximum number of requirements per project

ChrisPLM
9-Granite

Maximum number of requirements per project

Hi,

The company is currently using DOORS NG but are not fully pleased with the solution so they are moving back to DOORS Classic. However, we are also deploying Windchill and I am trying to tell them that they should evaluate Integrity because of the PLM strategy currently in place.

One of the question I got "thrown" at me was can it handle more than 200,000 requirements (nb per project/product).

Apparently they are having issues with DOORS.

Does anyone know the maximum number of requirements per project/product Integrity can handle and if there are any limits in the number of levels to structure the requirements ?

Thanks a lot

Best regards

1 REPLY 1

Hi Chris,

Since documents and their content are just data objects within Integrity, there is no limit to the number of "Requirements" you can have associated with a Project. While you could technically have an infinite number of relationship levels, MS Word has a limit of 9 section levels so some things within Integrity align with that concept to make importing and exporting the MS Word document easier.

The usual bottleneck I see is with the desktop client. Opening a document with thousands of nodes will consume more memory and until recent releases (12.2.0.0), the client was limited to 32-bit and could only allocate around 1200MB of RAM on Windows systems. With the newer 64-bit client this limit is gone and more work is being done with each release to beef-up functionality in the new extended WebUI, reducing a need for a desktop client.

Top Tags