cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Migration Wizard logs

Omnia1990
5-Regular Member

Migration Wizard logs

Hello Everyone,

I'm looking for a place, where Integrity store changes/differences when you promote something between stage and production while using Admin Migration Wizard.

Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5

It's been awhile since I've used the Admin migration process in Integrity, but my recollection is that unless you manually save the output from the screens that are generated when the admin migration wizard is run, I don't believe it retains that info in any way. 

It looks like you may be able to capture some of this info, if you turn on audit logging, but it's not the same report info though:

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article?n=CS149667

Maybe one of the ALM folks will chime in here, or you can open a Support case, to inquire with them further.

Omnia1990
5-Regular Member
(To:MichaelChatel)

Thank you for your advice

LLawton
14-Alexandrite
(To:Omnia1990)

From troubleshooting a migration problem with PTC Support more than a year ago, I think the table that's generated every time you migrate is kept until the next time.

Its a mapping table, though, so you need multiple joins to other tables to make it readable and I'm not sure it's worth the time.

The table name is AdminIDMap.

Reading the title of your post, I notice the word "logs" and I wonder if you simply want to have a log of the migration done instead of all the differences at that point in time. If that's the case, audit logging is the way to go.

Omnia1990
5-Regular Member
(To:LLawton)

The main goal of this is to track old changes, because when somebody did something a while ago and for example, I promoted something today getting unexpected results I would like to retrieve data (migration comments as well, if possible) to find a purpose of that action. 

Anyway, thanks a lot for your answer.

Have you inspected the server log? It should be in it, pretty sure.

Top Tags