cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Need help removing some fields "Visible Fields".

smccoy
1-Newbie

Need help removing some fields "Visible Fields".

Hi.

We've replaced the "Satisfies/Satisfied By" and "Verfies/Verified By" relationship fields with our versions of these relationships. With that done, we would like to remove them from the Specification item type because they are not used. When we remove these fields from the "Visible Fields" we get "Fields does not exist" errors when trying to create Specification Documents. I've searched the scripts and all the properties and couldn't find any references to these fields.

What do I need to do to be able to remove these fields from the "Visible Fields" of the Specification document.

Note: Please don't suggest simply "hiding" these fields. We are currently doing that and are trying to physically remove them from this item, and then the Solution.

-Sean

5 REPLIES 5
LLawton
14-Alexandrite
(To:smccoy)

If it were me, I would call PTC Support, get them on Webex and step through this with them to figure this out. You are making a big change to the solution. I'm not saying you're doing anything wrong, simply that this discussion forum isn't the best way for you to solve this problem.

smccoy
1-Newbie
(To:LLawton)

Thank you for the reply. I'll enter a case number.

-Sean

mrump
14-Alexandrite
(To:smccoy)

Hi Sean,

the fields are referenced in several placed in you solution setup. (e.g. the "traces views" in you document UI).

To really remove or rename an field from you setup you must check all occurrances in you setup.

Furhtermore you might need to remove you local clients IntregriyClient.rc file, as it also might contain refernces (e.g. recent visible fields in a view) to that relationship.

HTH Matthias

KaelLizak
14-Alexandrite
(To:mrump)

Hi Sean,

Matthias is correct. This is covered by Case Solution 160713, and there is a defect RFC against this, described in CS173692. It's possible the two case solutions will be merged.

Regards,

Kael

Kind Regards,
Kael Lizak

Senior Technical Support Engineer
PTC Integrity Lifecycle Manager

Thank you for the replies. I'll tackle this next time I'm doing some development work.

-Sean

Top Tags