cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Open file in sandbox view via CLI with file selected

tdalon
4-Participant

Open file in sandbox view via CLI with file selected

Hello

I am looking for a CLI command to open a file in the sandbox view with the file selected.

The command "si viewsandbox --gui" opens the sandbox view but I could not find a way to get a specific file selected with all the other files visible.

si viewsandbox --gui $file will only display $file.

The option --selectionFile seems not to work.

Many thanks

Kind Regards

Thierry

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mrump
14-Alexandrite
(To:tdalon)

Hi Thierry

as far as I know that is not possible.

The option --selectionFile is (similar to other CLI commands) only an alternative way to enter your selection to the command; in this case the sandbox(es) in question.

HTH Matthias

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
mrump
14-Alexandrite

Hi Thierry

as far as I know that is not possible.

The option --selectionFile is (similar to other CLI commands) only an alternative way to enter your selection to the command; in this case the sandbox(es) in question.

HTH Matthias

MichaelChatel
20-Turquoise

HI Thierry.

This is not currently possible in the sandbox view using the CLI invocation you are using.

You can make use of the --filter=file:expression

...option to specify a membername to narrow down the members visible in the resulting sandbox view, but the membername still won't be preselected within the view.

You likely want to open a Support case to ask for a future RFC to be considered. (That won't help you now unfortunately though)

Also, we do have an RFC logged for the ability for member selection to be done by starting to type a membername, if that would assist in your use-case somehow.

Top Tags