cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

PTC Integrity Client single sign on ?

amatei
12-Amethyst

PTC Integrity Client single sign on ?

Hi,

A user asks:

"One has to use the Windows login and password why not automate the login with Active Directory?"

Does the Java desktop Integrity Client support a kind of single sign on ?

I have noticed the article below but I'm not sure it answers my question:

Does Integrity Support any SSO Solutions other AD?

Can the PTC Integrity Java Client after loading and initializing, take the viewset credentials from "somewhere" ?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
tketz
4-Participant
(To:amatei)

Not Recommend but possible:

Save the credentials under File-Preferences....

Better:

You can use Single Sign On

https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS153064

In our company we aren't allowed to use SSO or save passwords for tools like Integrity becauso of security reasons.

Think about it!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
tketz
4-Participant
(To:amatei)

Not Recommend but possible:

Save the credentials under File-Preferences....

Better:

You can use Single Sign On

https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS153064

In our company we aren't allowed to use SSO or save passwords for tools like Integrity becauso of security reasons.

Think about it!

KaelLizak
14-Alexandrite
(To:tketz)

Hello Alexandru Matei‌,

Tobias Ketz‌ is correct, users have the options of saving credentials in the client preferences, or the admin can configure single sign-on if the Integrity server is on a host in the same Windows domain.  Could you mark his reply as Correct Answer?  Did you have more follow up questions?

Regards,

Kael

Kind Regards,
Kael Lizak

Senior Technical Support Engineer
PTC Integrity Lifecycle Manager

What about *true* SSO that uses a security token?  (not client prefs but AD token)  Is that not supported?

Storing password in client for AD enabled may not be optimal solution. Many organization have the IT policy of password expiration over 3 months and temporarly lock of AD account on invalid password. So when it has been stored, during expiration of password it has been mandatory to change in preference without fail. And if I haven't enable prompt for username, then connection could be trying to establish with my expired password and account will get locked when certain number of retry made. Retry numbers based on number of views it trying to load with older credentials. So this is not a best solution.

Top Tags