1. Describe your environment: What is your industry? What is your role in your organization? Describe your stakeholders. I'm the application owner of Windchill RV&S in company that works in the automotive sector.
2. What product and version are you currently running? Windchill RV&S version 184.108.40.206
3. Describe the problem you are trying to solve. Please include detailed documentation such as screenshots, images or video. The user not only wants to use the parameter values in content items from the document or project, but also from related items.
4. What is the use case for your organization? In order to set up a functioning variant management, e.g. for requirements in Windchill RV&S, it should be possible for contents to obtain their parameter values from related items.The related item represents a specific variant of the product.The parameter values defined in the related item represent the parameter values valid for the variant.
5. What business value would your suggestion represent for your organization? Establish variant management of requirements via Windchill RV&S parameters.