cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Prevent Users from viewing an issue based on Assigned Group

DanR.
10-Marble

Prevent Users from viewing an issue based on Assigned Group

How can I prevent a user from viewing an issue based on Assigned Group? I am using Integrity 2009 SP5.

Say I have 3 groups, Group_1, Group_2 and Group_3.

Group_1 has 2 users: User_1a and User_1b.

Group_2 has 2 users: User_2a and User_2b.

Group_3 has 2 users: User_3a and User_3b.

An admin user creates an issue and that issue is assigned to Group_1. Which means User_1a and User_1b would have the ability to view that issue. How can I prevent User_2a, User_2b, User_3a and User_3b from viewing this issue?

I was trying to use the AbortSubmit.js script, but my rule is not working. It's probably something simple, but I can't pinpoint it at the moment.

Thank you,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KaelLizak
14-Alexandrite
(To:DanR.)

Hello Daniel, Matthias,

If your respective organizations are not already on RFC 98512, please contact PTC Integrity Support to have your organization to CS83810: How to control access to Integrity items using a set of rules.

Regards,

Kael

Kind Regards,
Kael Lizak

Senior Technical Support Engineer
PTC Integrity Lifecycle Manager

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
mrump
14-Alexandrite

Hi Dan,

the AbortSubmit.js trigger is only usefull to prevent edit actions. Items visibility is not affected.

Unfortunately the only way to control item visibility in Integrity are project permissions.

I had a similar problem some time ago and solved it this way:

1. (optional) create a Project IBPL field (single value - based on project backing items) that is used to organize the items just like you are used to with "normal" projects.

2. define a set of "normal" Projects that have a restricted visibility per group (in your case 3 projects). If you have multiple assigned groups you will need 3! = 6 projects to cover all possible combinations.

3. write a custom trigger script that sets/changes the "normal" project of an item based on the selection in the item's assigned group field

This works well for some years now.

HTH Matthias

DanR.
10-Marble
(To:mrump)

Matthias,

After I created the post I came to the same conclusion. What I did was create a project and child projects. Those children would be assigned to that child project using a simple rule based trigger.

Thanks

KaelLizak
14-Alexandrite

Hello Daniel, Matthias,

If your respective organizations are not already on RFC 98512, please contact PTC Integrity Support to have your organization to CS83810: How to control access to Integrity items using a set of rules.

Regards,

Kael

Kind Regards,
Kael Lizak

Senior Technical Support Engineer
PTC Integrity Lifecycle Manager
Top Tags