cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Print single tab in Workflow and Documents item

hbock
7-Bedrock

Print single tab in Workflow and Documents item

When using the built-in "Print" command (View --> Print) in an item of Workflow and Documents, then all tabs of the item are printed one after another within one print job.

I want now to print the contents of a single tab only, e.g. the "Summary" or "Overview" tab.

Does anyone have an idea how to do this?

I assume that this may be possible with some Java magic within a Custom command.

Can anyone provide me a code snippet doing the job?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DanR.
10-Marble
(To:hbock)

Harald,

In the web UI click "My Profile" and then select the "Print Options" tab. Uncheck the components you do not want to print.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
DanR.
10-Marble

Harald,

In the web UI click "My Profile" and then select the "Print Options" tab. Uncheck the components you do not want to print.

hbock
7-Bedrock
(To:DanR.)

Hello Daniel,

thank you for your answer. I didn't use the Web UI so far. Now I tried out your suggestion, but unfortunately it does not really solve my problem.

When I uncheck all but the "Fields" in the Options dialogue then still all fields of all tabs are printed.

What I'm looking for is the possibility to print the view of one tab.

Using the browser, the result is a bit better as on the GUI, as I have the possibility to print the whole viewport with the browser's "Print" function, but then I also have the menu bar on the left included in the printout (this is something like a hardcopy of the browser window).

The reason behind my question is that I have a type with a lot of fields, and only a small subset of these fields must be printed as a covering note for a hardware delivery.

UPDATE:

Meanwhile I have seen that your solution is correct as long as the tabs names have not been changed (original ALM solution).

But as we have modified the tabs names your approach does not work for me.

As an ugly work-around I could name the specific tab I want to print with "Fields"

DanR.
10-Marble

I noticed that as well.  This could possibly be an enhancement for a future release.  Selecting the tab that you wish to print.  I hate some of the extra garbage the gets printed out.

hbock
7-Bedrock
(To:DanR.)

Top Tags