cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Red-Hat, Integrity 2009 and rebooting

jjohnson-10-11-4
3-Visitor

Red-Hat, Integrity 2009 and rebooting

Hi all,

Having some trouble getting integrity to shutdown on a system reboot. As far as I can tell, everything is installed properly. I can start and stop the service manually doing: service mksis stop or start, there's a symlink to it in the rc6.d folder, (ran chkconfig --add) but it still doesn't stop on a reboot. it may not be that big of a deal, but flex complains on the license server (different vm) that the license limit is already reached because it hasn't timed out yet. I know a little about linux - mostly ubuntu.

As a test, I stuck the stop line (service mksis stop) in the rc script: S01reboot. this caused the service to attempt to stop, but it doesn't appear to succeed. This is evidenced by the console showing that its "stopping", but the log file never shows a shutdown, just the subsequent startup at boot.

I'm wondering if maybe it needs to run before everything else starts shutting down, like a dependent service is getting turned off before it can do what it needs to do?

Any ideas?

3 REPLIES 3

Hi Jeff,

Please contact Integrity Support for assistance with this issue.

Regards,

Kael

Kind Regards,
Kael Lizak

Senior Technical Support Engineer
PTC Integrity Lifecycle Manager

Ok, though I would think this would be useful info to have for other people too.

Oh, I agree! I just don't have an answer for you, and if it was urgent, I didn't want you to wait for me to get you one. I took a quick look, but nothing obvious came up, and I wasn't able to reproduce the issue quickly.

Kind Regards,
Kael Lizak

Senior Technical Support Engineer
PTC Integrity Lifecycle Manager
Top Tags