cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Removing Attachments from the database

brague
1-Newbie

Removing Attachments from the database

Hello,

The Integrity instance I work with has an attachment growth problem. Although we have implemented Attachment size restrictions, the growth rate is still projected to grow our database size in a way that negatively impacts our database refresh time. As a result, I've been tasked with identifying a method to remove attachments that are a specific age or older from the Attachments Table. The method identified will then be implemented as a routine data purge process for our program.

I've searched the documentation and community discussions for a best practice as far as removing Attachments from the database, but have not found any yet. Removing a given Attachment from an item via the GUI or API commands does not seem to delete the actual attachment file from the database. I'm seeking a safe method of removing a given attachment from the Attachments Table in the database itself.

Does anyone know of a recommended or best practice method of deleting attachments from the Attachments table in the database?

Thanks!

Bryan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello Bryan,

Please open a new case with PTC Technical Support for this request. You're right about removing attachments from items not removing them from the database (they are kept for historical data integrity). While it is possible to remove them from the database permanently, this is a delicate operation and should only be done with guidance from support.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hello Bryan,

Please open a new case with PTC Technical Support for this request. You're right about removing attachments from items not removing them from the database (they are kept for historical data integrity). While it is possible to remove them from the database permanently, this is a delicate operation and should only be done with guidance from support.

Thanks Joe, will do!

Bryan

Top Tags