cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Table Width and Height in a requirement document

odiop-2
7-Bedrock

Table Width and Height in a requirement document

Hello

Our Integrity Requirements documents have a lot of tables that auto-update based on the information in the Cell Padding.

Is there a way to define and lock the Width and Height of the Cells in our tables (like in Microsoft word)?

Cheers

Oumar

7 REPLIES 7
KaelLizak
14-Alexandrite
(To:odiop-2)

Hello Oumar Diop‌,

It isn't really possible to lock the table height or width.  You may want to post this functionality as an Idea.

Regards,
Kael

Kind Regards,
Kael Lizak

Senior Technical Support Engineer
PTC Integrity Lifecycle Manager

Table Export Errors.jpgHi Kael,

thanks for your answer.

Is there a way to deal with such export error (see attachment)

Regards

Oumar

LLawton
14-Alexandrite
(To:KaelLizak)

Personally, I try to stay away from tables as much as possible in rich text fields because they are a nightmare to edit.

But this being said, I think it's not a functionality idea. I believe it's a huge defect. That's because the user interface does allow to set all kinds of table layout parameters including in pixels, so you'd think you have a lot of control, but they simply don't work (at least for me).

I just tested on 10.8 and I see no changes over previous versions.

In my view, the table/cell editing functions in the gui are impossible to understand and use, and don't seem to produce consistent results.

Quite often, if I have to use tables, I use Excel for my edits and then copy/paste into my text field.

KaelLizak
14-Alexandrite
(To:LLawton)

Laurent Lawton‌, Oumar Diop‌,

That's fair.  In my search of our SPRs, I haven't come across a request to enforce the Table Properties that Laurent Lawton is pointing out, but since they're there, and they allow you to specify a width and height in pixels, you should be able to lock the table dimensions, and not being able to do so would be a defect.  In that case, you should be able to open a case with PTC Integrity Support.  I suggest referring to this post, in the hopes that the TSE who gets the case then circles back and posts the case solution article for that defect here.

Regards,
Kael

Kind Regards,
Kael Lizak

Senior Technical Support Engineer
PTC Integrity Lifecycle Manager

I agree, even in 11.2 editing table in GUI is very difficult and we are facing lots of problem because of it. 

LLawton
14-Alexandrite
(To:Shilpa_Dubey)

Well, that's a disappointment.

I'm preparing to upgrade to 11.2 and this is one of the problems that I was hoping would be fixed.

Thanks for letting us know.

kjain-2
15-Moonstone
(To:LLawton)

May be in upcoming Integrity Release which will be completely Web Based this problem can resolve...

Top Tags