cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Unexpected Prompt

nborrerojr.
7-Bedrock

Unexpected Prompt

What causes the below prompt to show up? It never displays for me but it does for one of the guys testing things out for me. This occurs when trying to modify a node in a document.

GA_Test Plan Part: 8462 has been modified would you like to save these changes?

unexpectedPrompt.png

Thanks,

Nolin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Nolin,

This is caused by a user preference in the client itself. We allow a user to waive this dialog if they desire and to have the client save the item directly when the gesture to save an item has taken place.

If you wish to have this prompt enabled:

1. Visit the View > Options... menu in your desktop Integrity client.
  2. Navigate to the Messages tab on the top of the window.
  3. Place a checkmark in the box labeled "Show confirmation message before saving a modified item"

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hi Nolin,

This is caused by a user preference in the client itself. We allow a user to waive this dialog if they desire and to have the client save the item directly when the gesture to save an item has taken place.

If you wish to have this prompt enabled:

1. Visit the View > Options... menu in your desktop Integrity client.
  2. Navigate to the Messages tab on the top of the window.
  3. Place a checkmark in the box labeled "Show confirmation message before saving a modified item"

It's already checked in my client but I don't get the same prompt when modifying a field. What else might cause this?

KaelLizak
14-Alexandrite
(To:nborrerojr.)

Hello Nolin,

If you have that checkbox set, I would expect you to receive that prompt. Could you contact PTC Integrity Support to investigate this further?

Regards,

Kael

Kind Regards,
Kael Lizak

Senior Technical Support Engineer
PTC Integrity Lifecycle Manager

Disregard! I was at the query window when I opened the Options dialog instead of inside a document. I didn't realize it was specific to what you were actually looking at. I thought it was a global Options dialog. Now it makes sense. Thank you!

Top Tags