cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Uninstalling MKS Integrity 2009 SP7

DanR.
10-Marble

Uninstalling MKS Integrity 2009 SP7

We recently upgraded from MKS Integrity 2009 SP7 (AIX) to PTC Integrity 10.6 (AIX).  The upgrade was successful.

I ran the uninstall per the instructions and all appeared good.  However, when I looked on the server most the 2009 files and directories were still there.  I was wondering what went wrong or can I delete these files and directories.  After the unistall completed it said "Uninstall Completed" "The following items could not be removed" "Unable to remove dectory..."

Can I simply delete these files and directories?  The Integrity 10 is installed in a completely different directory.

2 REPLIES 2
KaelLizak
14-Alexandrite
(To:DanR.)

Hello Daniel,

If you were on Windows, I would suggest first removing the Integrity 2009 Service.  Since you're on AIX, you don't have to worry about that.

A very careful recursive directory deletion at the correct location is safe to do, and would be recommended

Regards,
Kael

Kind Regards,
Kael Lizak

Senior Technical Support Engineer
PTC Integrity Lifecycle Manager

Make sure to check the serverMigration.log in case there were problems moving over trigger script files, report recipes, etc. The Upgrade Guide mentions confirming these steps manually because there might be things like custom Jar files which were missed by the automatic server migration utility.

If you already made those checks, you can delete the 2009 install directory without issue.

Top Tags