cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Using CAC Card to login to Integrity

DanR.
10-Marble

Using CAC Card to login to Integrity

Question for Department of Defense users/administrators of MKS/PTC Integrity.

Have any of you been able to configure MKS Integrity to authenicate using your CAC card? If so, how or what did you do to make it work? I need help. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Presently we are using the MKS Domain as our security method. It is a pain when you have hundreds and hundreds of users.

We are currently running MKS Integrity 2009 SP5 on AIX. We are planning to upgrade to 10.x in the future.

Thank you,

Dan

4 REPLIES 4
KaelLizak
14-Alexandrite
(To:DanR.)

Hello Dan,

This enhancement is not currently available, and is covered by RFC 115502. Please contact PTC Integrity Support to be associated with this enhancement request.

Having said that, apparently it's possible to use CAC with SiteMinder. I don't know the details of configuring that, but there is an article which explains how to configure SiteMinder for authentication with Integrity, or at links to the documentation for how to do that.

Regards,
Kael

Kind Regards,
Kael Lizak

Senior Technical Support Engineer
PTC Integrity Lifecycle Manager
DanR.
10-Marble
(To:KaelLizak)

That is for Integrity 10.2 - 10.5. We are still on 2009. Maybe I could get our Integrity server upgrade done sooner. I will look into this solution. Thank you.

DanR.
10-Marble
(To:KaelLizak)

This is not a viable solution at this time.  It requires additional servers and more $$$ to CA.

Nearly a year later and I cannot understand why no DoD users have weighed in on this.  Very frustrating.  My boss told me to start looking for other CM tools.

We are now (finally) on Integrity 10.6 AIX and in the process of migrating / upgrading to Integrity 10.8 RHEL.

KaelLizak
14-Alexandrite
(To:DanR.)

Hello Daniel Richert‌,

CAC functionality is a feature that is not on the upcoming implementation road map.  I understand that the existing solution requiring the use of SiteMinder is not viable to you and your organization.  In general, the decision to choose which features to implement is in a large part based on how much of our user base the feature will impact.  Broad improvements to both Source and Configuration Management and to Workflows and Documents are useful to most of our user base, whereas CAC functionality without requiring SiteMinder covers a fairly narrow user base, which is why this decision is being made.

Having said that, I would urge you to discuss this with your Account Manager, who can in turn determine if there might be a way to implement this more economically than through a SiteMinder server, or convince Product Management to re-evaluate this feature.

Regards,

Kael

Kind Regards,
Kael Lizak

Senior Technical Support Engineer
PTC Integrity Lifecycle Manager
Top Tags