cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

When importing requirements, are there comparision tools available?

thussong
3-Visitor

When importing requirements, are there comparision tools available?

1. Within the Requirements Management module, when
    importing requirements into a project, will PTC do text compare against
    existing requirements within the project to determine duplicity? What about
    comparing Unique IDs for the requirements? What methods of reconciliation is
    available in the case of duplicity?
1 REPLY 1
KaelLizak
14-Alexandrite
(To:thussong)

Hello Todd,

My understanding is that when requirements (or other content for document model items) there is no duplicate detection analysis done.  In part, I'm basing this on the notes in the 10.6 Server Installation and Configuration Guide, page 290, which explicitly points out:

• The designated search field must be a short text field; however, it cannot be a short text computational field or Field Value Attribute to a short text field [which document content is].
  • Duplicate detection is not available for Document types

Having said that, I'm surprised that a request for duplicate detection functionality on imported content in the document model has not come up before.

It's possible our Global Services team has dealt with something similar before.  Failing that, if you could open a case, and let us know what your expectations and use case would be, it would help us get an idea of what you are trying to generate.

Regards,

Kael

Kind Regards,
Kael Lizak

Senior Technical Support Engineer
PTC Integrity Lifecycle Manager
Top Tags