cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Who uses Document and Content Versioning for Requirements Management in version 11 or 12 ?

LLawton
14-Alexandrite

Who uses Document and Content Versioning for Requirements Management in version 11 or 12 ?

We are on Windchill RV&S 11.2, preparing to go to 12+.

I have tested and reviewed the item versioning feature as best I could in version 11 in the context of requirement and test document management and especially for traceability purposes. This means that for us, simple versioning of standalone document is not enough. We need to manage traces between versioned items.

I have not found any information to help me decide if it's improved in version 12.

We have currently decided against using this feature.

If you are using document versioning successfully, I would like to find out more from you, please contact me.

3 REPLIES 3

Hello,

You ask for improvements. I think in this field was not much changed, except the ability to add versioned test cases to Test sessions.

To give you a better answer, I would need to know which use cases you have in mind you like to fulfill.

I assume you are aware of the documentation (ax. 16 pages) for doc versioning?

LLawton
14-Alexandrite
(To:VolkerEckardt)

Hello Volker,

Actually I am not asking for improvements, first I want to know if anyone is using this feature.

So far, I hear only silence.

Since you are with PTC, maybe you have more information about the client base. If you can put me in touch with anyone you know who uses document and item versioning, I would appreciate it greatly. It can be confidential if clients prefer it that way.

Thanks.

(Of course I have read the documentation and all the posts I could find here, I've also tested the feature on 11.2.)

JensN.
13-Aquamarine
(To:LLawton)

Hi,

especially when it comes to versioning and traceability, then you should pay attention to how Integrity handles traces before and after versioning. See also the following post in the idea-section:

Versioning of single nodes should keep their traces

We're still at ILM 11.0, but we tested this problem also with RV&S 12.x and it's still there.

regards, Jens

Top Tags