cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Why i can't clear the Annotation field for a test step in the test result editor.

Zeiad-Alkassem
13-Aquamarine

Why i can't clear the Annotation field for a test step in the test result editor.

Hello all,

in the test result Editor, for the Annotation field of a test step. i can change the text but i can delete it (as in the test case's Annotation field). Why i must clear the result and write it again to empty the test step's Annotation field.

2 REPLIES 2

Hello Zeiad,

I believe this has always been a "quirk" of the Test "Annotation" field, in that it has to be cleared or replaced with a blank value if you're trying to get rid of a annotation value.  What version of Integrity are you using?

You may want to open a Support case, and see if there is a defect SPR to be associated with.  I think this "quirk" manifests itself differently as well, depending on whether you're trying to do this action via the GUI client, or if you're trying to do such action via CLI or API.

Hi Michael,

i agree with you it is a "quirk" ,i use Integrity 10.8 with the GUI. If There are a lot of users have the same "quirk" maybe it's better to open a Support case .

Thanks again

Top Tags