cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Windchill Modeler Reviewer: Check if a FullPort has been connected

akorff
5-Regular Member

Windchill Modeler Reviewer: Check if a FullPort has been connected

Remark: This is a replication of my ProxyPort review.

There are a lot of predefined reviews in Reviewer; most of them are around UML. When checking system models, I stepped over a standard review "Port on an IBD without any connections". This is looking for port symbols without any connection.

However, when verifying if a full port has been defined and it is not used yet, a check would work better looking for any connector link in the dictionary. Otherwise the typical diagramming of IBDs showing the interface - without being connected- would result in many review items to be manually marked as acceptable when using the standard review. I've attached the review here, which can be placed in the User-defined folder of Reviewer. Before, change its extension to *.rev.

Example: A System has a CPU and a Digital IO. They are connected via pins:

[Block] System [CPU Connections with fullPorts].png

The CPU is shown with its interface in another IBD:

[Block] CPU [Pin Interface with FullPort].png

The standard review lists all the symbols, which are not connected. The new review understands that all the 2 full forts are connected, while the other review lists all port symbols, which are shown as not connected:

Result 1 for FullPorts.png

Result 2 for FullPorts.png

0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags