cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Windchill Modeler Reviewer: Check if a ProxyPort has been connected

akorff
5-Regular Member

Windchill Modeler Reviewer: Check if a ProxyPort has been connected

There are a lot of predefined reviews in Reviewer; most of them are around UML. When checking system models, I stepped over a standard review "Port on an IBD without any connections". This is looking for port symbols without any connection.

However, when verifying if a proxy port has been defined and it is not used yet, a check would work better looking for any connector link in the dictionary. Otherwise the typical diagramming of IBDs showing the interface - without being connected- would result in many review items to be manually marked as acceptable when using the standard review. I've attached the review here, which can be placed in the User-defined folder of Reviewer. Before, change its extension to *.rev.

Example: A System has a CPU and a Digital IO. They are connected via pins:IBD defining connectionsIBD defining connections

The CPU is shown with its interface in another IBD:

IBD defining the CPU interfaceIBD defining the CPU interface

The standard review lists all the symbols, which are not connected. The new review only lists the 2 port which are really unconnected yet.Reviewer Result 1Reviewer Result 1Result 2.png

1 REPLY 1

This is a great post @akorff . Actually, I shall re-use it for a similar use case :).  Another good review related to this would be to check if the typed interface block for the connected provider and require proxy ports are same or not. This will help improve the quality of interfaces and port definitions. 

Thanks

Top Tags