cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Windows Task Scheduler

ptc-5173997
1-Newbie

Windows Task Scheduler

I am using windows 2008 Server to schedule some tasks to run on a certain time. Installed on this Server I have Integrity client 2009/SP6.

I have a smal batch si commands which can not be excuted from the windows scheduler. Any othe CMD Batchfiles are working just fine. MKS Batch files are not. I have tried many settings, nothing worked. Do anyboday have an idea?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

The hanging symptom in batch jobs is indeed very tricky! It's caused by the fact that the Integrity client stays running unless you proactively shut it down. A subsequent instance of the batch job may be unable to connect to a client started by a prior instance. To prevent this kind of thing, you need to design your batch jobs to begin with "si.exe connect" and end with "si.exe exit --shutdown". I have done so and found it to work very well.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

I've done lots of successful scripting with 2009sp6. I am very sure that it works and works well. Perhaps you could elaborate on what command you are running and what error you are seeing.

I `ve found the reason, when the integrity run`s in the background it hangs some times I do not know why

The secound time the client want`s to start it crasches cause of the existing client in the background. Know it works fine.

The hanging symptom in batch jobs is indeed very tricky! It's caused by the fact that the Integrity client stays running unless you proactively shut it down. A subsequent instance of the batch job may be unable to connect to a client started by a prior instance. To prevent this kind of thing, you need to design your batch jobs to begin with "si.exe connect" and end with "si.exe exit --shutdown". I have done so and found it to work very well.

this is exactly what I have done yesterday 🙂

Top Tags