cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

display of fields

byoung
1-Newbie

display of fields

Is there a way to independently control the size of a field in an Integrity item view? The field definition allows me to change the number of lines/rows for a long-text field, but that definition is applied by Integrity to every project and view that includes the field. I am only able to control field width by changing the grid-cell size in the "presentation" for the item. Is there some way to code field height and width for a particular view?

3 REPLIES 3
KaelLizak
14-Alexandrite
(To:byoung)

Hi Bob,

This is covered by RFC 121984:  Ability to Configure Long Text Fields to Allow Dynamic Change of Field Size (edit view) in Integrity.  Please contact PTC Integrity Support if you wish to be associated with this enhancement request.

Regards,
Kael

Kind Regards,
Kael Lizak

Senior Technical Support Engineer
PTC Integrity Lifecycle Manager
JensN.
13-Aquamarine
(To:KaelLizak)

The mentioned RfC is already 3 years old, and i believe that it also wont reach the top of the R&D-Backlog in the next years

I think that there are also RfC's for a general modernization of the presentation templates, maybe to a standard HTML-Implementation with CSS and so on. Because at the moment the whole way to work with presentation templates is inflexible and restricted.

cheers, Jens

KaelLizak
14-Alexandrite
(To:JensN.)

Hello Jens,

It's older than that, actually, but there are only a handful of customers on the feature request. 

RFC 131213:  Use Standard HTML & CSS for presentation templates and dashboards is slightly newer, and currently has the same number of customers.  I expect at this point customers asking for this would ask for HTML5 support.

When feature requests are reviewed and prioritized, one important factor is indicated demand by customers.  While there are features with high numbers of customers on them which have not yet been implemented, these particular enhancements are not representative of that.  There are always competing interests and limited resources, but one of the first hurdles to cross is generally customer demand, and neither of these features has that, or will have that unless and until customers indicate that they consider this an important enough feature to at least post their organizations against it. 

There is no number of customers posted which guarantees a feature will implemented:  Product Management might prefer to pick lower hanging fruit to get more bang for the development buck, and so this feature might require more demand than most to implement.  The challenge is that site administrators have a similar problem, because they're busy dealing with network changes, hardware upgrades, and process improvements, and helping users with problems.  Asking admins to open a ticket and fill out the business reason for why they would prefer Item Presentation Templates based on some open standard instead of working on the problem right in front of them right now will only happen if they see value in it, and it seems that few admins do.

Filing your organization against this particular feature request may be a waste of time, but in general, only features that have been requested get implemented.

Warm Regards,

Kael

Kind Regards,
Kael Lizak

Senior Technical Support Engineer
PTC Integrity Lifecycle Manager
Top Tags