cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

mksis service file missing in install dir. Can't start service

einsor
6-Contributor

mksis service file missing in install dir. Can't start service

I recently did an installation of Integirty 10.8 on RHEL VM. I followed the documentation along and the installer said it has successfully installed the server but for some reason I'm missing the mksis file to start the service. Has anyone had this issue before? Is there a way to get this mksis file?

2 REPLIES 2
awalsh
17-Peridot
(To:einsor)

I've seen this before when the linux installation failed (usually a silent install).  Could that have happened here? 

You'll need to check the install log file (i.e. Integrity_Server_10_Install_[datetime].log in the install directory) because the silent install can fail silently and not return the right error code. 

The mksis file is updated after the db install - look for the following lines. If the log file ends before these lines, then the installation didn't work correctly.

Custom Action:            mks.install.is.RunDBInstall

Custom Action:            mks.install.is.Policies

Modify Text File - Multiple Files:   bin

Modify Text File - Multiple Files:   bin

einsor
6-Contributor
(To:awalsh)

I did check the install log and saw that everything was successful except this line

Modify Text File - Single File: /pdm/ptc/plmadm/integrity10.8/bin/mksis
Additional Notes: ERROR - Unable to locate ASCII text file to be manipulated. Deferring...

Also this was not a silent install, used the graphic installer for the installation.

Top Tags