cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

not all file revisions captured in checkpoint

KaelLizak
14-Alexandrite

not all file revisions captured in checkpoint

not all file revisions captured in checkpoint (migrated thread) Posted: Apr 13, 2012 1:20 PM

ron.wilson     Posts: 7   Registered: Jun, 2011

I created a new development path from an existing checkpoint. Then I created a Variatn Sandbox from that development path. I checked out the needed files, then edited, test my fix, then checked the files back in. Then I did a checkpoint of the development path.

When I reviewed the files just changed, some had received the label I specified during the checkpoint. Others did not.

(see attached screen pictures)

Then I did a Project Differences. The only files that showed up in the report were the ones that got the label. The others did not.

This implies that the checkpoint did not capture all of the file changes.

While I can (and did) go back and add the label to the other files, this still requires anyone trying to reconstitute this release to fetch the files by label rather than by checkpoint.

Is there any way to repair this checkpoint?
Re: not all file revisions captured in checkpoint Posted: Apr 16, 2012 5:05 PM
Posted By:   mlizak     Posts: 72 /  Registered: Feb, 2011  
Hello Ron,

Please contact Integrity Technical Support with this issue, so that we can better investigate it.

Regards,
Kael

Re: not all file revisions captured in checkpoint Posted: Apr 18, 2012 4:24 PM
Posted By:   ron.wilson     Posts: 7 /  Registered: Jun, 2011  
I submitted a support request on 16 Apr and have not yet received any reply.

Re: not all file revisions captured in checkpoint Posted: Apr 24, 2012 1:20 PM
Posted By:   mlizak     Posts: 72 /  Registered: Feb, 2011  
Hello Ron,

Dragan did not receive the correct contact information for you, and so did not send his responses to your proper email address.  He should be in contact with you shortly.

Regards,
Kael

Kind Regards,
Kael Lizak

Senior Technical Support Engineer
PTC Integrity Lifecycle Manager
1 REPLY 1
KaelLizak
14-Alexandrite
(To:KaelLizak)

For those of you in a similar situation, make sure that you are checkpointing from the context of the main project, and not a subproject, as having a subproject highlighted when you issue the checkpoint will only work on that subproject and those below it, but not those above it.

Regards,

Kael

Kind Regards,
Kael Lizak

Senior Technical Support Engineer
PTC Integrity Lifecycle Manager
Top Tags