cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

vendor access to requirements

phartwig
12-Amethyst

vendor access to requirements

All,

Does anyone have a recommendation on how to allow vendors access to our Integrity data?  We would like to grant approved vendors access to specific requirements only, hiding/preventing access to all remaining requirements, even within the same project.  My initial thought was to create a subproject for each vendor and add create the items in each of those projects, but I am concerned that this will become very complex as we add vendors and multiple vendors need access to some of the same data.

Thank you,

Paul Hartwig

1 REPLY 1

Hello Paul,

your question is very interesting and I must say that within Integrity is not "the" solution that helps.

Primarily, our read restriction is by project: if you like to restrict data to be visible only by certain persons it has to be stored in a specific project.

In your case, this would mean that you have to branch all or parts of your document into such a specific project, and grant read access to the external party.

Recently, I implemented a more sophisticated approach where we grant field readability to users. This way you may hide e.g. Text content from users they are not allowed to see. Then still, the whole document structure will be visible to them. I also discussed the option to move documents into shared folders for review, and move them back into the base project structure when the review is ready. This may also support the "limited access" approach.

Finally, to avoid that someone sees any data from a specific type, you can use type permissions.

To summarize:

1) Project visibility  - limited to static groups

2) Type visibility - limited to static groups

3) Field/Data visibility - limited to static or dynamic groups

If you found another working approach already for you, I would be very interested in hearing it.

Volker

Top Tags