cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Coffee with a PLM Expert Series - Started this week!

No ratings

I'm excited to share that we have a new event series that kicked off this week called 'Coffee with a PLM Expert'. The sessions in these series are all live and interactive, focused the most popular Windchill topics. Here's a bit more about each series: 

Core PLM Series

Wednesdays from June 10 – July 29 10-11AM EST

PTC’s PLM platform, Windchill, offers native collaboration capabilities enabling your global virtual workforce to efficiently design and manufacture products. In these relaxed, interactive sessions, you’ll learn about new and existing PLM capabilities and how they can best support your product development process.

Date

Topic

June 10
Visualization
June 17
Project Collaboration
June 24
Windchill Extensions Introduction
July 1
Change Management
July 8
Manufacturing Process Management
July 15
Parts Classification
July 22
Creo 7 + Windchill 12
July 29
ThingWorx Navigate

Windchill Extensions Series

Tuesdays from June 16 – July 21 10-11AM EST

The Windchill Extensions Engineering Bundles give your engineers fast access to additional PLM functionality. Join our subject matter experts for an interactive experience including live demos and Q&A to learn more about the extension capabilities.

Date

Topic

June 16
Watermarking
June 23
Change Workflows
June 30
Promotion and Export
July 7
Cluster Support
July 14
Supplier Component Interfacing
July 21
Quick Access to PDF and CAD Documents

Click this link to register: https://ptc.com/en/products/plm/coffee-with-an-expert

We look forward to seeing you there!

Comments

Was this weeks meeting recorded? 

Hi Andy - Unfortunately, this series will not be recorded given the interactivity of the sessions. Please let me know if you'd like to be connected with a member of our technical sales team for a brief demo of our visualization capabilities. 

Katie

Will there be more sessions going forward?  Besides the remaining two it shows?

Hi Steve,

We have two more core sessions and one more extensions session coming up in July. It is undecided what our plans are for these series following the last of these three planned sessions. Although, we'd love you input on your experience so far! Should we continue them, we're always looking to improve the content, format and so on. 

Katie

Hi Katie,

I have only viewed one so far but plan to try and view the two next week.  I watched the Classification session.  We are currently working on a phased in approach to WTParts for a select few of our CAD files.  It was a good intro.

Although I do like it so far, the only problem is that it's on during working hours so it may be tough to watch at times.  Being able to have it for viewing at a later time would be good.

Hi

Record of the sessions would have been nice, as they are scheduled to start just at the end of working hour. If not recorded, then it would be nice if it was 1 hour earlier.

This one today was my first I managed to see and it was quite good, thank you for all the good information.

I think maybe a webinar about configurable link with different examples or maybe a YouTube video about it would be interesting.    

Hi Steve - I did get confirmation that we'll be continuing the PLM Core series which will start up in the next month or two. I've relayed your feedback about the sessions being recorded and the team is taking it under consideration.

I'm glad the Parts Classification session was helpful...feel free to reach out to the presenters or post a specific question into the different Windchill boards as they come up on WTParts. We have lots of product managers and such that would be more than happy to answer!

Katie

Hi there! A few people have now asked that the sessions be recorded. I've relayed that input to the team managing the presentations. 

There has indeed been lots of interest in product configurations, options, variants and so on. I like the idea of doing a webcast on this topic as well. We have a separate 'Tech Tips' series and I believe this topic is on the agenda for the upcoming months. In the meantime, check out ptc.com/plm. There are lots of customer webcasts that touch on this topic in one way or another. https://www.ptc.com/en/technologies/plm/digital-innovation if you go to the Whirlpool Corp. and Polaris pages from this URL, there are a few good demos that might be of interest. Also check out the case studies/webcasts on this page which are focused on change and config. management. https://www.ptc.com/en/technologies/plm/change-configuration-management 

And of course - don't hesitate to reach out to one of our experts for more input on your journey!

Katie

Version history
Last update:
‎Jun 12, 2020 12:20 PM
Updated by: