cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Improve your Windchill system with the On-Demand System Scan

No ratings

The On-Demand System Scan for Windchill PLM and RV&S allows system administrators to manually scan their system files for similar recommended improvements on an ad hoc basis. Admins can upload system files to be scanned and receive recommended actions for any known issues or improvements that are detected. The utility will provide you with recommendations to apply on your Windchill installation in order to aid in expediting resolution of existing issues, as well as discovering issues before they become problems.

As of today, 260 checks are evaluated for Windchill PLM, and we are constantly adding new detections.

We also have a specific support for WinDU – we will add new detections soon!

For Windchill RV&S (formerly known as Integrity Lifecycle Manager), we currently have more than 150 detections.

Try it today! This service is free for all PTC customers.

For the future, we are working on several options: one is about providing with a tool that helps collecting all the files to submit for a scan. Another one is to  show all the errors/exceptions that the scan has detected – but that means that you will have to filter the impactful ones from the ones that can be ignored. We are also exploring some AI technologies to map the errors in your log files with the articles in our knowledge base.

If you have some suggestions, feel free to comment this post!

And you can find out more about PTC’s Proactive Support Services by visiting the FAQ page.

Comments

One of the things I've already pointed out, should be the ability to not keep seeing the same reports over and over, after ignoring them a number of times (see below).

If I've already verified that a report has no real impact in my organization, I don't see the point in continuing to repeat it.

This reporting mode discourages a bit in the use of on-demand scanning.

Thank you.

That's a good point, thanks for the feedback. We have some capabilities to manage the occurrences of recommendations: instead of creating a new one, we just increase the counter. This could solve this problem.

We will think about it in the short term.

Version history
Last update:
‎Mar 08, 2021 04:40 AM
Updated by: