cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Part II Enhancements on Windows Explorer Integration for Windchill Desktop Integration 10.2

Re: Getting the most from the WVS Job Scheduler

Hi Marco,

It is indeed and is in the references.

I am also working on another article with a customization engineer that will respond to the need that Tom and Bill have highlighted earlier.

Gary

Hi Gary,

sorry for my previous comment.

I saw today this document on the daily mail from TS as new.

Marco

Tech support has a problem with their knowledge base system where every time an article is change and re-released it shows up as "new" instead of "updated".  The vast majority of articles that come out every day marked as "new" really aren't.

Yes Tom,

I know this issue and I have also participated in a discussion with you and other users about it, I think with @jzupfer‌ also involved.

Marco

Hello, Tom and Marco,

I'm happy to share your experience with the knowledge base with my colleague in Technical Support; if they have an updated status, I'll share it here.

Thanks,

Jane

Sorry Marco Tosin‌, I had forgotten you were in on that conversation.  Jane Zupfer‌, here is the conversation being referred to: Re: Windchill 10.3 (X-26)

Don't worry Tom,

I've cited the wrong person

Marco

I noticed today that John Deere has already developed the ability to publish from a CSV.  See page 15 from their PTC Live Global 2013 presentation.

pub.PNG

Maybe someone on the community who knows John Deere can see if they might be willing to share this code. 

Thanks!  I see that you're already talking with Heidi, so you're in great  hands.  I did, however, send an email asking for any status update, so if I get information about availability of a fix, I'll respond on this thread.

As the eagle eyed Tom Uminn‌ has spotted already, we've updated Article CS211115 with details of a new custom scheduler method Publish_EPMDoc_WithCSVFile and related command-line PublishUtilreadCSV utility that will read EPMDoc OID's from a "||" separated CSV file and create a Publish Job to create a fresh default Representation for each one.

A big thanks must go to my colleague YSH in South Korea for responding to this request so efficiently and he even agrees to field any questions you may have regarding this sample custom code that we hope will help solve some of your trickiest republishing needs; just respond to this community thread and I will either respond myself or pass them on to him.

Regards,

Gary