Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windchill 10.2 Desktop Integration

Re: Windchill 10.2 Desktop Integration

I know this is an unsupported scenario but refusing to implement support for Office 2013 in 10.0 and 10.1 maintenance releases leads me to ask:

Can I install 10.2 desktop integration with Office 2013 on a client and interact with Windchill 10.1?  Is there anything fundamentally different about the calls that are made between the client and the server for Windchill 10.1 and 10.2 such that 10.2 DTI absolutely won't work with server 10.1?

Unfortunately, no. When working with Windchill Desktop Integration, the client application must match the server it is connecting to. This includes the major release and maintenance version.

The primary reason is the "actions" performed in DTI are all executed from the server. Newer versions of DTI will have newer features enabled in the UI that are not available in the older maintenance releases or major releases of Windchill.

Best practice is to always work with the DTI software from the server you want to connect to.

Too bad the help for the DTI Configuration wasn't updated for the two new options in 10.1 M050.

Steve, that is a good point. I checked the online Windchill 10.2 Help Center and there are no published updates for 10.1 M040 or M050. I will check in with the Pubs team and see what happened. Also noticed PTC is not offering the Windchill 10.1_M050 Help Center online.